? ??????????????Abstract Rainbow? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (9 Ratings)??44 Grabs Today. 12347 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Color Chaos? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (18 Ratings)??43 Grabs Today. 21061 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Ticking BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, December 25, 2009

Midnight Mass & Christmas Eve


Last Night, December 24, my father, mother, and I attended the Midnigth Mass at our chapel, Holy Cross Chapel. We went there at around nine PM just so to have a seat because at times like this, usually the chapel is full of people and when you're late, you barely get a seat. The mass was suppose to start at around ten PM but it did not start at that time. The mass goers were already waiting for Fr. Glenn, who at that time has still a mass at Green Heights. As I observe, some were already snoozing. Some were like asking to the person beside them, "Where's Father? It's alreadty ten-thrity.". I know some of them can't wait for the mass to start coz they still have things to do at home. Maybe they have visitors waiting for them at home, etc. While waiting for the mass to start, I grab the oppurtunity to personally greet my friends throught text one by one. I am so happy that I easily got registered to TM ASTIGTXT10. haha. :) While sending messages, my inbox is flooding with messages from friends, greeting me 'Merry Christmas!'. I got personal messages too! :).

Finally at around quarter to eleven PM, Father arrived and then the mass started immediately. I like the entrance song. It was a Visayan Christmas song. The choir keep on repeating the chorus part that I almost memorize the lyrics and get the tune.

During the homily, Fr. Glenn talked about the song 'The Twelve Days of Christmas'. He says that behind that song, underlies the symbol and meaning of each of the gifts in twelve days. According to him, it's actually base from the teachings of Christ. It has biblical impact.

So I wanna talk about it one by one.

On the first day of Christmas
my true love sent to me...

A partridge in a Pear Tree
Meaning: Jesus Christ

Two turtle doves
Meaning: Old & New Testament

Three French hens
Meaning: stood for faith, hope, and love

Four calling birds
Meaning: Four Evangelist/Gosples
Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John

Five Golden Rings
Meaning: Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament

Six geese a-laying
Meaning: Six days of creation

Seven swans a-swimming
Meaning: Seven Sacraments

Eight maids a milking 
Meaning: the eight beatitudes

Nine ladies dancing
Meaning:nine fruits of the Holy Ghost: 
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-control

Ten lords a-leaping
Meaning:  Ten Commandments


Eleven pipers piping
Meaning: Eleven faithful disciples


Twelve drummers drumming
Meaning: symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles' Creed.

It was only then that I knew that there lies a meaning in the song '12 Days of Christmas'.
It's good to know new things especially when it deals about our spiritual aspect & belief.

And then after the mass, of course we went to our home to celebrate the Christmas Eve with family and relatives. By the way, it was already past-twelve when the Mass finished. Fireworks were already booming and making noise even just before the mass ended.

It was so scary when we walk home because there were by-standers lighting up kwitis. I was scared coz you don't know where will that kwitis will land.

When we arrived home, the people at home were sleeping except for my brother who was busy playing computer games and two of my cousins who were playing at the sala. The rest were at the room...snoozing!!! 


0 comments: